Helping councils implement the right community strategy
The most extensive range of solutions and chargers for councils, helping them satisfy the rise in demand from their community, visitors and local businesses
The benefits of dealing with Electric Car Chargers UK include:
- Solution for all of the local community
- Sustainable and future proofed strategy
- Generate new revenue, risk free
If you are a County, District, Borough or Parish Council looking for help to implement a strategy for car chargers, chargers for public transport and local businesses, contact Electric Car Chargers today:
Our solutions and chargers for councils and local authorities
Making complex strategies simple and easy to implement
It is not easy for councils and local authorities to predict the future electric vehicle charging needs for their local area, so utilising available resources and expertise to plan for the right strategy is imperative to making it a successful transition.
- Consultation, design, install, operate and maintain
- Complete charging solutions for public car parks, local businesses and on-street residential areas
- Funding options that can combine private funding and OLEV funding
By working with the leading influencers in the market, Electric Car Chargers can help facilitate funding and develop a sustainable strategy for councils and local authorities that incorporates:
- On street chargers for residents with limited off street parking
- Car park chargers for residents, businesses and retail centres
- Transport planning that includes electric taxi’s, electric buses and electric bikes
- Car sharing schemes that can help reduce the areas carbon footprint
- Policy guidance of new builds and planning applications
Choosing the right electric car chargers
It is important that you choose the right electric car chargers that can charge at a speed that is suited to a typical dwell time for your location. Below is a rough guide that will help you:
|Residential parking||6 – 10 hours||7kW|
|Residential on-street||6 – 10 hours||7kW|
|Hospitality or sports venue||2 – 5 hours||22kW|
|Tourist attraction||2 – 5 hours||22kW|
|Retail or public car park||2 – 5 hours||22kW|
|Retail store||1 hour||25kW DC +|
|Service station||30 minutes||50kW DC +|
Use our useful guide to help you understand how quickly different vehicles can charge using different charging solutions.
When transport planning an area, it is important to consider the entire community, in particular chargers for taxi’s and chargers for buses, both of which are going to require very short dwell times whilst operational. Placement of these chargers are also important, bearing in mind the public will find it difficult to use chargers that are continually occupied by high usage vehicles such as taxi’s.
A community approach to implementing chargers for councils as what will make it a long lasting success.
If you would like more information as to how Electric Car Chargers can help your council prepare an effective strategy for your local community, please call us on 020 8895 6511 or complete the below enquiry form and we will be in touch: